Tuesday, January 17, 2006

MLK Weekend 2

The Saturday stuff was basically just this one class on praise dance, and I was there for 4+ hours. I think I whiffed on most of what I went for, and my percentage was way down from Friday night, but I was much more engaged in what I was photographing. It was a tough day for me on a number of levels (photographically, spiritually, emotionally), but it's always good to have your basic assumptions challenged, especially when their foundation is cynicism.

Anyway, Friday night and Saturday afternoon MLK events.


The Parade Of Hats, with my three cool girls from the other day.



This guy lit things up. He was the featured singer in a male chorus, and he drove up from Ft. Bragg apparently to set this church on fire. One hell of a singer.



This is Cheryl, the dancer from Friday. She ran the class on Praise Dance at the Expo on Saturday. Those are some of their awesome outfits behind her.



Sometimes you have to stand on a chair while someone spins around and throws their arms up at you. Here, there are two groups doing very different moves at the same time along with the song.



These are called "angel wings". All ribbons and streamers and things used in praise dance are considered weapons and armor in the war against satan.



Speaking of angel wings, this one's for Timmy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home